|2001 Season, Episode 218 (Transcript | Credits)|| |
A ghost is haunting the lodge, and Mike tries to catch it, with a skeptical Red's help.
Release Date: November 30, 2001
See also: Transcript
Plot: Mike informs Red that he claims to have seen a ghost in the lodge late the previous night. The door into the lodge suddenly opens and closes by itself. Afterwards, Mike goes out and tells the other men about the ghost, despite being the only one who actually saw it, while the others start claiming things are being moved around, messing up the lodge. Through it all, Red is skeptical about there being any ghosts at all. Mike then informs Red that, according to some research he did, the ghost is actually a lodge member named Henry Thorkelson, the Possum Lake Wiggler (which he invented and only ever made one), whom Red claims died in a plane crash. That night, Red and Mike bring in a crate and place it in the middle of the room. Mike then places the Possum Lake Wiggler in the crate, Red turns the lights off, and Henry's ghost enters the lodge and goes into the crate, which Mike then closes, only for it to start moving away by itself.
Opening Scene: Red wears a searchlight attached to a football helmet to see in any direction at night while driving.
The Possum Lodge Word Game: Dalton tries to guess the word "fly" to win a deluxe tattoo removal kit.
Handyman Corner: Red comes up with a way to get revenge from people who dent one's vehicle.
Red's Sage Advice: The moments that you talked to yourself.
Visit With Winston Rothschild: Red gives Winston some advice on dating.
Adventures: Red and Dalton attempt to use a jet engine to clean up the area outside the lodge.
Talking Animals: Ed and Red talk about foxes, but Ed actually brought in a fox terrier.
Red's Handyman Tips: Red comes up with a way to get heavy items through a door when no one is there to hold it open.
- Dalton once guessed "Richard Simmons?" in the Word Game scene of Men's Night On The Mountain.
- In the opening scene, the helmet Red wears is that of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, a team in the Canadian Football League.
- The road rager in the Handyman Corner segment can be seen wearing a Tiger-Cats t-shirt as well.
- Near the end, Red mentions Ghostbusters as a nickname for Mike ("Mr. Ghostbuster").
- During the Word Game, Harold tries to get Dalton to guess the word by mentioning Dumbo, a cartoon character created by Walt Disney.