|1997 Season, Episode 147 (Transcript | Credits)|| |
The Possum Lake Historical Society wants to deem the lodge a historical site.
See also: Transcript
Plot: Red is upset at the Historical Society trying to preserve old buildings. Harold informs Red that they now want to make the lodge a historical building. At first, Red backs off on his complaint and becomes excited, until he learns about their rules and regulations to declare the lodge historical and grouses that the society will not pay much for the restoration. Red manages to get the society to declassify the lodge in return for an old smokehouse. But the society refuses the smokehouse, so instead, Red tries to sell the smokehouse and give the proceeds to the society. But no one wants the smokehouse, so Red decides finally to sell raffle tickets to anyone willing to blow it up. The building does blow up, but not in a way that Red – or anyone else – expected.
The Possum Lodge Word Game: Mike tries to guess the word "serve" to win a big bottle of cola.
Handyman Corner: Red builds a motorcycle with a sidecar out of a bicycle and a riding mower.
Red's Sage Advice: How problems can be solved with a pill.
Men Anonymous: Dougie explains that since he lost the television remote control, he could not change the channel.
Adventures With Bill: Bill and Harold go fishing.
If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying: Arnie brings in his guitar for Red to repair and give more "character".
- This episode involves the Historical Society.
- Jimmy Grissel is mentioned at the end as being out on bail. He was previously mentioned in Bottled Water. The fact that he was released on bail might have had to do with his being arrested for bootlegging in that episode.
- During Handyman Corner, Red mentions the 1968 film Where Eagles Dare, starring Clint Eastwood.
- Red compares Harold being liable to kill the sale with the jawbone of an ass to a Biblical guy killing the Phillistines the same way.
- The big bottle of cola, which is the grand prize of the Word Game, is a two-liter bottle of Coca-Cola.