- Not to be confused with the 4th Season episode, The Movie Project. Also, for the actual Red Green movie, see: Duct Tape Forever.
|Season 7 Season, Episode 151 (Transcript | Credits)|| |
Red is so disgusted by a movie he saw that he decides to make a movie of his own.
See also: Transcript
Plot: Red recalls that he tried to make an anniversary dinner for Bernice, but he nearly burned down the house doing it. So instead, they went out to see a movie, but Red doesn't think much of the movie he saw. He decides then and there to make a movie of his own. Soon, Red's movie idea starts taking shape. Harold offers to make the script for Red's movie, but Red declines, saying he has the movie planned himself and calling it "The Red Green Story". He even starts casting calls for the parts of Harold and other lodge members. Harold eventually gets a part in the film as a returning hero. After filming, Red plans to show his movie to a distributor – an auto parts distributor who knows people. Unfortunately, Red's movie is poorly received.
Red's Campfire Songs: Red asking kids to play loud music to drown out what his wife has to say.
The Possum Lodge Word Game: Edgar tries to guess the word "unsafe" to win a pair of brass handles and the coffin of his choice from Dempsey's Funeral Home.
Handyman Corner: Red makes a man-sized espresso maker out of a hot water heater.
Red's Sage Advice: The correlation between loud music and new music.
Adventures With Bill: Bill operates a charity car wash.
The Experts: Ranger Gord answers a viewer's question about proper camping etiquette.
- Red compares Chariots of Fire to Ben-Hur.
- During Handyman Corner, Red mentions coffee mascot Juan Valdez and his donkey.
- When auditioning for the part of Red, Hap mentions working with Meryl Streep.
- In the next episode, Red again makes reference to Porky Lansford in the Handyman Corner segment.