|1997 Season, Episode 149 (Transcript | Credits)|| |
Ranger Gord has suddenly turned up missing from his fire watchtower, and Red and his pals are on the search.
Cast (in order of appearance): Harold Green, Red Green, Old Man Sedgewick (mentioned), Dougie Franklin, Buzz Sherwood (mentioned), Stinky Peterson (mentioned), Buster Hadfield (mentioned), Mike Hamar, Bill Smith, Ranger Gord, Dalton Humphrey, Moose Thompson (mentioned)
See also: Transcript
Plot: Red has learned that Ranger Gord is missing from his fire watchtower, and the lodge members are going to search for him. Red even agrees to let Harold join the search party if he behaves himself. It is revealed that not only is Gord missing, but so are all of his possessions. What's more, his tower is tipping over because the supports have been gnawed on. Soon, however, several searchers need rescuing themselves. Eventually, Ranger Gord himself shows up at the lodge for the first time! Naturally, Red and Harold are overjoyed. He explains that he had been laid off seventeen years ago, but the post office lost his notification letter. After exploring the area, Gord remarks that nothing had changed in eighteen years.
Red's Campfire Songs: How sausages are made.
The Possum Lodge Word Game: Dougie tries to guess the word "love" to win a hundred assorted treetops from Buzz Sherwood's helicopter rides.
Handyman Corner: Red tries to turn the Possum Van into an R.V.
Red's Sage Advice: The truth about self-help gurus.
Tricks of the Trade: Mike shows how to avoid getting mugged.
Adventures With Bill: Bill tries to collect some rocks.
Red's Advice To Teenagers: Red tells teenagers who like to go fast to go slower as they get older.
The Experts: Dalton is asked by a viewer about empty-nest syndrome, but he and Red don't quite grasp the concept.
- This is the first episode in the show in which Ranger Gord appears in some other place besides the fire watchtower.
- Red previously tried to get Dougie to say "love" as part of the Word Game in Real Estate. This time, however, he guesses it and wins the game.
- When Red discusses seeking self-help, he mentions The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.
- As Bill pours the unusually large amount of water from his shoe, Red remarks that it is a Water Jordan.
- When Red talks to teens, he mentions the fable The Tortoise and the Hare.
- Gord mentions both Smokey the Bear and Elmer the Safety Elephant.
- During the Lodge Meeting at the end, Harold mentions that one of the prizes at Gord's cabin is for the best Barry White imitation.
- The word "love" would once again be the word used in the Word Game, in two more episodes: School Bus Blimp from season 9 and Back To Nature from season 11.